One of my goals is to get in shape. But being in "the best shape of one's life" is one of those things that people say they want every year around New Years, or before a reunion or wedding.
In all honesty 90 days is not a lot of time, and I am 3 days down already with no exercise to speak of.
Lucky for me...I have never been in great shape so the "best shape of my life" really won't be that bad. (right?)
So how does one go about measuring the best shape? Well, weight or inches don't really mean too much. But last May I ran a duathlon. Now there is a longs story... but my times were:
31.52(Pace - 10:17) - 3.1 miles
1:01:12 (Pace - 13.6) - 13.8 miles
28.36 (Pace - 9:14) - 3.1 miles
Now what does that mean? 1) I ran faster after running and biking... weird - and 2) my times are really not that outstanding. But doable! I need to be able to run a sub 9 minute mile. I would like to find another duathon to run around the spring.
So how am I going to do it? Get my butt on the elliptical ASAP - and maybe get a gym membership?
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment