Friday, November 03, 2006

New Headshot.... for the book?

Meghan Wier, author
On a whim yesterday I had my headshot taken. I had been talking about updating my website, and it got me thinking that my last headshot was a little dated.
So I had this one taken. Here is what I think:
A) My roots are bad. After seeing this picture I immediately went out and got my hair colored.
B) See my jowels? When did I get jowels?
C) I should have worn some makeup - I look tired. Tired and plain.
D) This may be the perfect shot for an author... moody, seasoned, unable to keep up on regular hair maintenance.
E) I probably will have another one taken... moody and author-like as it is... I think I am too vain to use this version of me... at least not without some photoshot work!
F) But for the record -- not to vain to post this one on the Internet for the world to see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I find it interesting that you believe you are introverted, yet have multiple blogs in which you freely share your thoughts and life information. Contradiction?

Meghan Wier said...

hi anonymous - yeah! I find it interesting too. I suppose it is a combination of the self-promotion that an author needs to do to sell a book (shameless--admittedly), and the fact that the internet allows even the introverted to stay in the shadows, while being accessible. Also, it is part of my other life as a writer of blogs and the like to write blogs (and the like...) so writing (...) somehow gives me credibilty to write (...). Or so I think. But then I am freely sharing as you say - But no opinion on the headshot? I mean as long as you are commenting and all... (that probably was your nie way of giving it the "thumbs-down" -- noted.

Anyway, thanks for writing. - Meg

Anonymous said...

Hi, Meg. Anonymous here. I've lost a lot of sleep over this decision - I mean, just look at the time stamp - but I like your original picture better. You look so much happier in it. I'll take that smiling look over the moody one any day of the week.

Meghan Wier said...

Hello Again Anonymous -

You are right that picture is horrible - I am way hotter than that :) Sorry to make you lose sleep over it. I will get a new one taken this weekend - Thanks for the comment.